Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Journey - Greatest Hits


My first musical experience with Journey took place many moons ago while holidaying in the beach side town of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Some fellow travellers from Ohio that my beautiful friend Amy and I met, and who we spent alot of our time there with, were obsessed with Journey and had every album the band had released on cassette tape. 
Being an American gal, Amy already knew of Journey, but up until then I knew very little about the band. I was only familiar with the single 'Open Arms', and 'Oh Sherry' from Steve Perry's solo album which I had heard on 
Australian Radio.
The guys decided a few days later when Amy & I left Myrtle Beach, that I could not return home to Australia without Journey in my music collection, and they gave me Journey's Greatest Hits tape as a parting gift.
It wore out my walk man for the rest of my U.S. stay and the trip home. And I still have it, (though now on CD!) in the car today. 

The album includes hits Only the Young, Don't Stop Believin', Faithfully, Anyway You Want It, Open Arms and many more...
Thanks to Ryan Murphy and Glee, a whole new generation is getting to experience some of Journey's awesome music.

Here is Journey Live-Don't Stop Believin' Houston 1981.
Brilliant.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...