Monday, June 25, 2012

Footloose - End Dance Scene 1984 vs 2011


















I love a movie remake - especially an 80's remake.

Some have definitely been done better than others (think FAME 2009 - disaster!)
The Footloose remake is as good as it could possibly be.
It stayed very true to the original film, which I think is the secret to its success (and any remakes success in my opinion) and retained several songs from the original movie.

I was searching Youtube to watch the final dance scene of Footloose 1984 and 2011 to compare them.  And low and behold - someone has already made a video using cuts of both versions of the scene - God bless the internet.

The original seems less choreographed, and more vibrant and fun. 
The kids really seem to be cutting loose, Footloose (sorry, had to be done), making the most of their chance to dance. The final dance in the new version seems a little more sedate to me.

So, although I did enjoy the remake, I'm afraid you just can't go past The Bacon.
It's 1984 for me.

Your thoughts?







12 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, I haven't seen the remake but I saw the original when it was original (you know what I mean) and loved it. Kevin Bacon for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gets some pork on your fork, original all the way! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still have word verification! :( evil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops ta. Should be fixed now. Comments should go through straight for moderation : ).

      Delete
  4. I'm going to have to agree with you and cast my vote for the 1984 version, although I'm really surprised at how true they tried to stay to the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana! Yes, they did a great job of following the original story for the most part. Check out this EW link to see 9 pics of Then & Now scene comparison.
      http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20483133_20537678_21068509,00.html

      Delete
  5. I have to agree with the Bacon. As for Fame *shudders* - terrible remake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The original all the way too. The side shuffle and The Bacon hair you cannot replace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! The side shuffle is poetry in motion.xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...