Monday, September 19, 2011

SPAM - Since 1937


It seemed that everywhere I looked lately, there was a can of SPAM. 
The supermarket shelves, in a magazine article, and on the shelf at my 
local milk bar.

Do people still eat SPAM? And who are these people?
There must be a reason it's still being sold after all these years.
So, I decided it was time to revisit the old cupboard staple,
and purchased a can.

It's been approx 20 years since I'd indulged, and I was
pleasantly surprised - this jazz is tasty!!! 
SPAM burgers were our meal of choice and something we will definitely revisit again. Not every week mind you, but definitely again.

SPAM fast fact...



Here is the Australian SPAM ad with it's catchy SPAM jingle, that I remember from the late 80's to early 90's.
Next time you are in your local milk bar, or corner store - have a look on the back shelves...I promise a can of SPAM will be there.





2 comments:

  1. Donna,

    Check out this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

    Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious clip! Good ol' Monty Python.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...