Monday, September 24, 2012

Kombi Days

Fantastic Black and White photographs by Marc of New Cham.
Early 1970's - a VW Kombi, Queensland, Sydney, the Outback and faces & spaces in between.
Love these shots.
Many thanks to Marc for allowing me to share them here.
 (There were so many great photos, I'm sure there will be a second round of Marc's brilliant 
black and white work from the 70's here again soon.)




Central Australia 1973

Wedding, Alice Springs 1974

Outback Australia 1973 - Near Tennant Creek....I was hitching from Melbourne to Darwin and met this heavily pregnant girl at Port Augusta.She was hitchhiking to darwin,i forget why..we got picked up by the guy in the middle,in an old Morris or Ford Thames van,which threw a big end in Coober Pedy..he got his brother in tennant creek to drive the 500 miles down to Coober with a tow rope...she ended up staying with them...


Noosa, early 1970's - Noosa National Park,Queensland,Australia...One of the world's premier surfing venues,back in the days when there was room to park your car,and then catch a wave without a hundred aggressive surfers on it...

Hyde Park, Sydney, 1974

Sydney, 1976
 
Kombi on Ferry

Queensland, 1974

Music Festival Australia, 1970's

Room, 1971




Black and White TV - This is a photo i took in the early 70's in my grandmothers house on Phillip Island,Australia. There's nothing set up or contrived about it,it is a purely "as found" image in the lounge room.The blank screen at the right was used for slide evenings,slides in colour,of course. Please enjoy.


12 comments:

  1. Theses are as you see them...so impressed with the use of contrast! Yes I would love to see more! ......and I'd love a combi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pippa! Yep, a Kombi up towards the top of my covet list too. Will def pop some more of Marc's great photos on again soon.x

      Delete
  2. Such cool photos! I especially like the last one of the TV...and the idea that they had a regularly scheduled slides night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana! I love the TV one as well - just something about it.x

      Delete
  3. What fabulous photos! I want a Kombi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks retrogoddess! I desperately want a Kombi too.x

      Delete
  4. I was a child of the 70's, but I can't remember my life ever being as cool as these pics. Love the telly one v.much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie. I agree - the TV one is great - brilliant shot.x

      Delete
  5. These are really good shots. Honestly, they sure evoke the era. The little girls on the bike are great. Love the VW shots wandering around everywhere. Thanks very much for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! The shot of the girls on the bike is very sweet - I love that one as well.x

      Delete
  6. Hubby desperately wants a pop-top kombi so we can go off without the kids,baha!Nothing says chill,like a kombi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simmone, Agreed - Nothing says chill like a Kombi : ) xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...