Thursday, June 6, 2013

Tiny Dancer - Almost Famous


One of my favourite scenes from the movie "Almost Famous".

The film is loosely based on writer & director Cameron Crowe's real life experiences
writing for Rolling Stone magazine, touring with bands such as The Who, Led Zeppelin,
The Eagles & Lynyrd Skynyrd.

In this scene of the movie, the relationships in
the band "Stillwater" had become fractured, with egos and tempers flaring.
Guitarist Russell spends a night away from the band partying, and receives a
frosty reception when he's collected by the tour bus the following morning.
Elton John's song "Tiny Dancer" indirectly reconnects the band and clears the air.

I think of this particular scene every time I hear this tune on the radio.



8 comments:

  1. I love that scene and the song too!!! No one I know has even seen it, finally someone who've noticed it too! I was addicted to that song for a long time:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey tove! So glad you like this scene/song/movie too. : )

      Delete
  2. I had forgotten how much I like that movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really easy film to watch. I am half way through reading 'I'm with the Band - Confessions of a Groupie" by Pamela Des Barres who was one of the inspirations for the character of Penny Lane in the movie. Great read.

      Delete
  3. Count me in too, tiny dancers! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son's fav movie, don't know how many times we've watched it. He was in love with Faruza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! Your son has good taste in movies & ladies. : )

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...