Wednesday, August 29, 2012

1969 Zodiac Posters

Inspired by the colourful 1970's 'Virgo' Zodiac poster on Sue's bedroom wall on the new Australian TV series 'Puberty Blues', I went searching for 60's & 70's Zodiac posters online and found these fabulous posters by Simboli Design.

Simboli Design were commissioned by Poster Prints in 1969 to create a line of very graphically strong and colorful zodiac posters, which were were sold worldwide.

You can see more work from Simboli Design on their website, or you can also check out their Etsy store where prints of the posters are available in various sizes. (Shipping only available to USA - bugger!).


 


 




 


 



13 comments:

  1. They're really cool. I was thinking of watching PBS for the sets, clothing etc. I was also planning on watching the Kerry Packer cricket thing for the same reason. But I haven't gotten 'round to it. Worth it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello MMMC! Def worth watching Puberty Blues for the sets/houses/clothing. I am constantly saying out loud "Ooooh, check out the hosue! the lamp, the sideboard!". I only caught abit of the Kerry Packer show - fashions were great though.

      Delete
  2. That is soooo the art of my hippie days! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool! I love the colours in these. I think the Leo and Virgo are my favourites.

      Delete
  3. Drats that they don't ship to Aus! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a shame isn't it?
      Although I see they are for sale via dpvintageposters.com.
      So perhaps they may ship to Aus?
      PS My prize arrived!! Happy jig for me.xx

      Delete
  4. I love the color. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They remind me of those screenprints we had to do at school. Watching Puberty Blues for the lingo, so hubby and I can reminise,'Your dropped!", cracks us up everytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the 'You're dropped' too and the 'Wanna go round with me?' followed by instant pash. Hilarious.

      Delete
  6. Lovin Puberty Blues and lovin these prints! Dead set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello

    I saw in one of the episodes a picture of the UV starsign poster on the wall and i have a few of them myself, I was wondering if anyone know the origin of it?

    I've got all these posters and no idea of the age or value. Any help would be awesome.

    Just drop me an e mail @ malakifallenangel@hotmail.com

    Thanks :D

    Bryce

    Anyone have any ideas?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...